Skip to main content

My Quiet Christmas Crafting Refuge

Hey crafters!

I am getting along with my holiday preparations with the end in sight, how about you?  My handmade cards that require mailing are done and all have been posted. So far I have designed each and every card 'on the spot' and while that means it takes that much longer, its a process I enjoy...like tinkering around!

Here is a couple of snapshots of my craft zone where you'll find me in the morning....


...this is my billboard where I keep some tags, a couple of cards as well as some gift cards - all of this is meant to be a sort of 'grab-n-go' spot for anyone who needs a quick gift-related item.  


Here is a display on top of my stamp bookcase.  There is my daughter's candles she made in grade 3; the 2nd-hand birdhouse I found and refinished a few years ago; the wreath is from Avon maybe 10 years ago (??) and my beloved angel statue where I've hung the little beaded bell given to me by my darling Mommy Crandall who went to heaven years ago. Finally my new candle jar from Pier 1...


.....and here are my envelopes I keep nearby my crafting bench.  The envelopes are an assortment of sizes and colours from the selection sold at Papergardens.  Some have a beautiful soft metallic finish, others have a natural feel and some are textured - but all are beautiful quality envelopes. 
You can't see but I have a few sheets of christmas seals in there [ I always need to add a little something to my envelopes too! :) ]    Next to the envies is my little jar of pretty pink glitter which I only use on "special" cards, lol.....I am actually kinda hoarding this particular glitter, its chunky and a beautiful pale pink colour, yum!

So that is what I see first thing in the morning when I tiptoe past the sleeping dog, with my first cuppa of coffee.....I have some organized mess too, but that is for another day!  LOL

Where do you craft?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gothic Birthday Card

 Have a friend who appreciates the gothic sensibilities? Then dig into your creative spirit and look at the norm through a wonderful, rich and dark prism!  I chose a designer paper with a fab colour set. Next why do butterflies when a moth will be better?  Here Tim Holtz’s Funky Insects die set does the trick. To make it a tad interesting I placed a pocket inside and crafted a ATC which doubled as a coffee gift card holder. A second large tag holds my message. Well crafters, explore your options and enjoy!

Funky Insects Tim Holtz - first projects

  Funky Insects Thinlits Dies (not including bee die shown upper left ) Tim Holtz's Funky Insects are a hoot to play with. I am just playing to discover the million-gazillion ways to colour each bug and not concerned with how to design projects featuring them yet. Here's a tall slimline card, an A2 card and an ATC that l've created so far. To get inspired, you only have to look at the amazing designers that contribute to Tim's Chapter releases such as this year's Chapter 2 release.  To be honest, l was not bothered cutting so many parts for the different insects as l thought l might be....time flew by as l cut batches of the body 'base' and then spent most of my time inking, embossing, painting, etc the wings and body sections. There lies the fun!

Easter "Scallop Circle" Chick Card

Isn't this the cutest!  The second I laid eyes on the card which inspired me - I was OMG !  So I had to do one! IT'S A  EASY - QUICK 5 MIN. PROJECT!  GREAT KIDS PROJECT!  We made ours  after having breakfast  and  in no time flat! Technique: You can see from the pictures that you must fold your cardstock at the 5-1/2 mark, and CUT the Scallop Circle LEAVING A SMALL PART OF THE FOLD OVERHANGING THE CIRCLE OUTLINE - that is how you make a card - and not 2 Scallop Circles. A small scallop punch is cut into wedges - those make up the wings. Punch your other parts, fold the square on the diagonal for its beak, then glue everything on. We highlighted the eyes and beak - voila! Basic Supplies:  CARDSTOCK: 11x8 in. yellow, 1 in square orange scrap, black scrap; BIG SHOT XL BIGZ DIE: Scallop Circle; HAND PUNCHES:  flower, scallop circle (any size), small circle punch; Other:  1" square orange cardstock, white gel pen, glue.