Skip to main content

Playing with FLoWers and RiBBon


Having a fantastic afternoon - listening to music and making ribbon and flowers come together!

Needed a 'special' birthday card....
 HAPPY BIRTHDAY

MARGARET!



And so I wanted to make one flower/ribbon combo, but I really got into it - must of been the music, and so I made more......I can always do more to these cards, but we're just focusing on the flowers, right?

HOW TO MAKE A PRETTY FLOWER
 with RIBBON ACCENT

YOU WILL NEED:  fabric flower + ribbon + needle/thread + pattern cardstock + (1 " Circle Punch, optional) + adhesive {strong}

{CLICK on pictures for a closer view!} 

TO START:   cut some lengthes of ribbon.    Next take your fabric flower, and ....'Fold' both the ribbon and the flower - stitch the ribbon folds onto the front of the flower, spanning them out - as many as you like. I am using 3 ribbon pieces.

*TIP - you can always trim ribbon to create a 'new' ribbon - I trimmed my ribbon off of the wider striped blue/brown/white ribbon because I did not want the brown and I need a narrower strip.


It doesn't look like much now but.......




...it will on the card....

Make your card 
...layer cardstock of choice onto your blank cardstock card base......




Add a Decorative Border

Above, I've made a strip (turquoise) and trimmed both sides with
 Stampin' Up!'s Scalloped Trim Border Punch; and layered
it with a colourful patterned cardstock.





Create a Center for the Ribbon-Flower
....I cut a  small circle from the patterned 
designer paper [see above], and layered it onto pink, then turquoise 
cardstock - cutting it out in a "wonky" style!  [look at the small circle, lower right]
No need to be neat! 




Assembling the Card
I added my flower-ribbon, and topped it with a 1 inch circle 
using STICKY STRIP tape...
... now it's lookin' better, right?




Finito! 

Here is the card! 
Along with the flower to the right, where I basically did the same
treatment to the fabric flower - only difference is I 
made the whole flower; and added a real button. 


Whole Flower with Ribbon and Button Close-up 

And that birthday card?  

Ta Da!   In glorious tropical colours! 



This girl is going on a cruise soon....so I think we are feeling that here, lol! 




So go ahead - experiment,  try different versions of 
this project yourself - that's the best way!

Well, back to my music! 

Comments

Oma said…
Love this card with the ribbon! What a neat idea!
Thanks Oma!

"Sew" hope you try it yourself, lol!

Popular posts from this blog

Gothic Birthday Card

 Have a friend who appreciates the gothic sensibilities? Then dig into your creative spirit and look at the norm through a wonderful, rich and dark prism!  I chose a designer paper with a fab colour set. Next why do butterflies when a moth will be better?  Here Tim Holtz’s Funky Insects die set does the trick. To make it a tad interesting I placed a pocket inside and crafted a ATC which doubled as a coffee gift card holder. A second large tag holds my message. Well crafters, explore your options and enjoy!

Funky Insects Tim Holtz - first projects

  Funky Insects Thinlits Dies (not including bee die shown upper left ) Tim Holtz's Funky Insects are a hoot to play with. I am just playing to discover the million-gazillion ways to colour each bug and not concerned with how to design projects featuring them yet. Here's a tall slimline card, an A2 card and an ATC that l've created so far. To get inspired, you only have to look at the amazing designers that contribute to Tim's Chapter releases such as this year's Chapter 2 release.  To be honest, l was not bothered cutting so many parts for the different insects as l thought l might be....time flew by as l cut batches of the body 'base' and then spent most of my time inking, embossing, painting, etc the wings and body sections. There lies the fun!

Easter "Scallop Circle" Chick Card

Isn't this the cutest!  The second I laid eyes on the card which inspired me - I was OMG !  So I had to do one! IT'S A  EASY - QUICK 5 MIN. PROJECT!  GREAT KIDS PROJECT!  We made ours  after having breakfast  and  in no time flat! Technique: You can see from the pictures that you must fold your cardstock at the 5-1/2 mark, and CUT the Scallop Circle LEAVING A SMALL PART OF THE FOLD OVERHANGING THE CIRCLE OUTLINE - that is how you make a card - and not 2 Scallop Circles. A small scallop punch is cut into wedges - those make up the wings. Punch your other parts, fold the square on the diagonal for its beak, then glue everything on. We highlighted the eyes and beak - voila! Basic Supplies:  CARDSTOCK: 11x8 in. yellow, 1 in square orange scrap, black scrap; BIG SHOT XL BIGZ DIE: Scallop Circle; HAND PUNCHES:  flower, scallop circle (any size), small circle punch; Other:  1" square orange cardstock, white gel pen, glue.